Intellectual Property Practice Group
We develop strategies to enable our clients to maximize the value of their intellectual property. As a full service group, we assist in developing, acquiring, protecting and exploiting brands, core technologies, inventions, creative expression and the intellectual properties they embody. We employ a team approach, drawing from all of the firm’s departments and practice groups to satisfy the unique needs of our clients in the following areas:
- intellectual property strategy development and enforcement
- business support for entrepreneurial exploitation of new technologies
- national and international trademark availability opinions, registration and enforcement
- brand development
- patent prosecution (U.S. and PCT), infringement opinions and portfolio strategies
- trade secret protection program development and implementation
- copyright licensing and enforcement
- licensing, confidentiality, joint venture and other technology development agreements
- development and implementation of intellectual property policies to stimulate creative thought and monetize inventions
- litigation and alternative dispute resolution of intellectual property disputes
- government strategies and legislation
- tax planning
We represent clients in a range of industries, including software and website development, manufacturing, publishing, visual arts, coding, technology, medical research, health care, human rights advocacy, food distribution, entertainment, education and consumer goods. Our clients include individuals, entrepreneurs, small businesses at all stages of development, non-profit organizations, academic institutions and multi-national corporations.
The Intellectual Property Practice Group Coordinator is James C. Duda.