Bulkley Richardson is committed to promoting diversity and inclusiveness in our law firm and to being a responsible and contributing member of the community in which we practice.
Diversity in the workforce, which includes diversity as to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, and military service, enables us to deliver better legal services, attract and retain a talented workforce, and strengthen our professional, business, and community alliances.
Our goal is to lead the profession in the region as an exemplary firm with regard to diversity and inclusiveness.
||To achieve this goal, we pledge to dedicate ourselves to the following efforts:
- Making diversity and inclusiveness part of the firm’s comprehensive mission, strategic planning, and decision-making;
- Actively engaging the Executive Committee, partners, and all employees in creating a culture of diversity and inclusiveness;
- Recognizing, in measurable terms, time and effort devoted to increasing the firm’s diversity and inclusiveness;
- Recruiting and hiring of staff and attorneys from diverse backgrounds;
- Training and mentoring staff and attorneys for retention and success, including by providing opportunities to take an active part in firm leadership;
- Educating staff and attorneys to raise awareness, foster respect, and increase cultural competency;
- Maintaining membership in and sponsorship of organizations that support diversity and inclusiveness in the legal profession and in our communities; and
- Making a conscious choice to do business with diverse vendors, suppliers, and service providers.
In addition to our commitment to professional excellence, we are committed to active participation in professional, educational, community and social service activities in the communities where we live and work. Our institutional and individual activities include participation as board members and volunteers with the United Way and numerous non-profit agencies, as supporters of various arts and cultural organizations, as a volunteer “partner” of a local elementary school, and otherwise as engaged members of our local communities. Further, we maintain a program for the provision of legal services on a pro bono basis.
Together with regional host MassMutual, the Partners of Bulkley Richardson are especially proud of our commitment to “Just The Beginning – A Pipeline Organization”(JTB-APO). JTB-APO offers no-cost educational pipeline programming aimed at inspiring young students and increasing diversity in the legal profession and judiciary. The photos shown above highlight one of the firm’s events with JTB-APO’s Summer Legal Institute, which the Firm has hosted for the past three years. Our lawyers enjoyed lunch with the students and then spent the afternoon discussing the legal profession and concluded with a review of an appellate oral argument.