Thirteen Bulkley Richardson Lawyers Selected by Peers for 2018 Best Lawyers®
August 15, 2017
Springfield, Mass. – Thirteen lawyers from area law firm Bulkley Richardson were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018.
Bulkley Richardson had the most honorees of any law firm in Springfield, with 12 of its 13 selected lawyers based in its Springfield office.
Two of the firm’s honorees were named Springfield “Lawyer of the Year” in specific practice areas:
• David A. Parke was named the Best Lawyers® 2018 Springfield – Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year.”
• John P. Pucci was named the Best Lawyers® 2018 Springfield – Criminal Defense (General Practice) “Lawyer of the Year.” Pucci was also recognized in the area of Criminal Defense (White Collar).
Attorneys from all of Bulkley Richardson’s offices were represented in the selection, including:
• Peter H. Barry – Construction Law
• Michael H. Burke – Medical Malpractice Law (Defendants); Personal Injury Litigation (Defendants)
• Mark D. Cress – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Corporate Law
• Francis D. Dibble, Jr. – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Criminal Defense (White-Collar); Litigation (Antitrust, Labor and Employment, Securities)
• Daniel J. Finnegan – Administrative/Regulatory Law; Litigation (Construction)
• Robert A. Gelinas – Personal Injury Litigation (Defendants)
• Kevin C. Maynard – Commercial Litigation; Litigation (Banking and Finance, Construction)
• Melinda M. Phelps – Medical Malpractice Law (Defendants); Personal Injury Litigation (Defendants)
• Elizabeth H. Sillin – Non-Profit/Charities Law; Trusts and Estates
• Ronald P. Weiss – Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Tax Law
• William E. Hart – Trusts and Estates
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and they received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”