Jennifer K. CannonCounsel
Jennifer Cannon advises clients in employment, wage and hour, discrimination and general commercial matters and represents clients in state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Jennifer also conducts on-site trainings for clients concerning sexual harassment and other discrimination issues.
Representative Matters and Outcomes:
- Obtained lack of probable cause determination for employer from Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination on transgender woman’s discrimination claim;
- Obtained summary judgment for hospital official on doctor’s tort claims arising from hospital’s communications with doctor’s new employer;
- Obtained partial summary judgment in favor of addiction treatment services provider eliminating majority of commercial landlord’s claimed damages and forcing settlement in lease dispute;
- Obtained lack of probable cause determination for employer from MCAD on employee’s gender and national origin discrimination claims;
- Obtained summary judgment for employer on employee’s misclassification/overtime claim;
- Obtained summary judgment for hospital and hospital officials on doctor’s tort and breach of contract claims arising from hospital’s mandated reporting;
- Obtained lack of probable cause determination for employer from MCAD on employee’s sexual harassment claim;
- Obtained summary judgment for roofing supplier in breach of contract case;
- Obtained summary judgment for hospital and hospital officials on doctor’s defamation and other claims arising from hospital’s suspension of doctor; and
- Advised public university on general matters including contracting, law enforcement, civil rights, grant compliance and other issues.
Related Professional Experience:
Prior to joining Bulkley Richardson in 2005, Jennifer practiced with a large, national firm in the Washington, DC area, handing commercial litigation and corporate matters, including representation of corporations in acquisitions, with regard to governance and in federal and state securities matters. Jennifer obtained summary judgment against a minority shareholder on his “freeze-out” claims, obtained a multi-million dollar judgment for a publicly-traded telecommunications company against a telecommunications equipment manufacturer whose equipment did not function as promised; and obtained a multi-million dollar judgment for a visual communications equipment supplier against a defense contractor in contract dispute.